Digital

Who here is a game owner?

Peppermint
LV 12

Just looking for a show of hands on who here is, or has been a game owner in the past. It doesn't matter if the game made it to production.

I ask, as I may ask for an interview :P

Blix
LV 10

I own one that's two years in but still under development =D

Peppermint
LV 12
On 3/16/2017 at 7:22 PM, Hare said:

I own one that's two years in but still under development =D

If I were to come up with some interview questions would you mind giving me an interview about your game?

Blix
LV 10
1 minute ago, Digital said:

If I were to come up with some interview questions would you mind giving me an interview about your game?

Wouldn't mind at all. =D

Bolti
LV 6

I'm about to launch my own game, Kasaria, if you were interested in an interview for that!

Peppermint
LV 12
21 hours ago, SingSong said:

As you know, Judda and I own the in-development game HellKeepers. Judda also owns Icepets. I wouldn't mind some kind of interview if you want to do one. 

I will shoot the questions to you in a Message :) 

17 minutes ago, Pepper-Head said:

I'm about to launch my own game, Kasaria, if you were interested in an interview for that!

Awesome, I will also shoot you over a message as well!

Aysha
LV 8

I used to run a pet site called BooPets but it is no longer around.

I have worked on MANY petsites and currently involved in the development of a handful of in-development games.

• Like 1

Peppermint
LV 12
20 hours ago, PaulSonny said:

I used to run a pet site called BooPets but it is no longer around.

I have worked on MANY petsites and currently involved in the development of a handful of in-development games.

If you'd be interested in giving an interview, I can send over the questions for you? May need to adjust the questions a bit since you have worked on many, but that won't be an issue.

Aysha
LV 8

Yes sure, anything to help boost content.

Regards, Paul.

Unknown
LV 3

@PaulSonny what ever happened to BooPets by the way? Did you end up selling or is it just rotting?

Aysha
LV 8

@Callum I took it down as it was a massive money sink and I couldn't keep up with supporting it on my own. It was too niche a site for people to get excited and invest in.

I still have the code base so I've considered rebranding it and launching under a new name.

• Like 2

Unknown
LV 3

@PaulSonny I'd be interested in helping you out with maintenance of the community and content managing if you'd like it.

• Like 1

Aysha
LV 8
8 hours ago, Callum said:

@PaulSonny I'd be interested in helping you out with maintenance of the community and content managing if you'd like it.

Thank you. I'll bear that in mind if I decide to relaunch the project.

Quill
LV 3

I currently own two games: a small click-adoptable site (pretty basic), and a bigger exploring-based site which I'm actually looking for someone to take over.

• Like 1

Peppermint
LV 12
24 minutes ago, Regnant said:

I currently own two games: a small click-adoptable site (pretty basic), and a bigger exploring-based site which I'm actually looking for someone to take over.

Would you be willing to do a quick 7 question interview about your experiences with both sites?

Quill
LV 3
Just now, Digital said:

Would you be willing to do a quick 7 question interview about your experiences with both sites?

Sure :)

Aysha
LV 8
3 hours ago, Regnant said:

Do you have links to both those sites? I'd love to take a look.

Peppermint
LV 12
58 minutes ago, PaulSonny said:

The adoptable one just had the interview done for it!

Quill
LV 3
2 hours ago, PaulSonny said:

https://ohudogs.com is the little click site (interview for that one on here)

https://lorebeasts.com/ is the other one I'm looking to hand off

Butterscotch
LV 9

I'm a game owner. :) 

I currently own two games. A virtual pet site (Eliyo) and an animal sim (AnimalAcres). Would be up for an interview.

Unknown
LV 3
On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 10:10 PM, Digital said:

@Callum Interested?

Price dependent,  perhaps! @Regnant how much are you looking for? Private message me if you wanna discuss this 

Peppermint
LV 12
On 3/31/2017 at 4:38 PM, Anoua said:

I'm a game owner. :) 

I currently own two games. A virtual pet site (Eliyo) and an animal sim (AnimalAcres). Would be up for an interview.

Thanks, I have sent you some questions! Look forward to getting your interview as both your games are amazing!

Laureen
LV 5

I am a game owner too. For five years now :D It is only available in German language, though. But I am in the progress of creating an english version. I would be up for an interview if you'd be interested of the view of an developer from a non-englisch-speaking country. ;)

Peppermint
LV 12
Just now, Feuerqueen said:

I am a game owner too. For five years now :D It is only available in German language, though. But I am in the progress of creating an english version. I would be up for an interview if you'd be interested of the view of an developer from a non-englisch-speaking country. ;)

Of course, I will send over our interview questions in a Message here shortly. Thanks for the offer and excited to get your perspective!

I am!

I currently own Horse Phenomena (http://horsephenomena.com), which is active and open and nearing it's 8th birthday!

I also own Animal Phenomena (http://animalphenomena.com), which is technically open, but kind of on hiatus. It's got some design flaws that I want to work out before I actually go for a big open. And I've been working on Equicana/Horse Phenomena: Evolutions, which will be similar to HP in concept but feature realistic genetics, more showing, more art, etc.

Then in the past I've owned Horse Mogul, which was sold. Kitten Tracks, which is currently closed, but maybe not forever. And The Nine Worlds, which was a partnership, and was sold.

Tanner
LV 7

I worked on a game a few years ago called MythFlow, but I stopped developing it due to school.

I've been working on it again on and off now, but I don't have much plans for it yet. 

Unknown
LV 2

I have been developing the game Saylua ( https://saylua.com/ ) for the past year or so with another programmer, @mike. @chutkat has been doing our art! :D Currently, we haven't been super public about progress on the game since we don't want to spend too much time building interest until we're about a month or so from our launch. 

Mike and I also work fulltime as programmers outside of the project, so our progress is not always the fastest. We did make the decision to open source our project, so if you're a curious to take a peek, you can see the development on Github: https://github.com/LikeMyBread/Saylua

We also have a Discord server where we post updates and field questions from people who want to be involved in the development process. :D

Edited by tiff
  • Like 2