Who here is a game owner?

Digital

I am a game owner too. For five years now :D It is only available in German language, though. But I am in the progress of creating an english version. I would be up for an interview if you'd be interested of the view of an developer from a non-englisch-speaking country. ;)

Just now, Feuerqueen said:

I am a game owner too. For five years now :D It is only available in German language, though. But I am in the progress of creating an english version. I would be up for an interview if you'd be interested of the view of an developer from a non-englisch-speaking country. ;)

Of course, I will send over our interview questions in a Message here shortly. Thanks for the offer and excited to get your perspective!

I am!

I currently own Horse Phenomena (http://horsephenomena.com), which is active and open and nearing it's 8th birthday!

I also own Animal Phenomena (http://animalphenomena.com), which is technically open, but kind of on hiatus. It's got some design flaws that I want to work out before I actually go for a big open. And I've been working on Equicana/Horse Phenomena: Evolutions, which will be similar to HP in concept but feature realistic genetics, more showing, more art, etc.

Then in the past I've owned Horse Mogul, which was sold. Kitten Tracks, which is currently closed, but maybe not forever. And The Nine Worlds, which was a partnership, and was sold.

I have been developing the game Saylua ( https://saylua.com/ ) for the past year or so with another programmer, @mike. @chutkat has been doing our art! :D Currently, we haven't been super public about progress on the game since we don't want to spend too much time building interest until we're about a month or so from our launch. 

Mike and I also work fulltime as programmers outside of the project, so our progress is not always the fastest. We did make the decision to open source our project, so if you're a curious to take a peek, you can see the development on Github: https://github.com/LikeMyBread/Saylua

We also have a Discord server where we post updates and field questions from people who want to be involved in the development process. :D

Edited by tiff
  • Like 2

I'm currently developing a game called Lurania Kingdom. I haven't released too much information on it, but I have started a Facebook on it and will be posting updates starting next month. It's an RPG simulation game that has a heavy focus on pets still. We have around 20+ NPCs developed with backstories and personalities, 5+ pets (baby and adult stages), and a good codebase going.

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently working on a fantasy wolf game called Wild Howlz with @Anoua . It does have an old version demo up and we slowly reveal bits and pieces of the new version to our closed FB group. It's coming along slowly but surely.

The original idea was developed by me back in 2013 and I spent about a year and a half polishing up the idea and gathering research, drawing out thumbnails and so on. The version 1 demo was made in 2015 and is still up to play at wildhowlz.com, but does have a few glitches and bugs in it. 

This new version is much improved in both visual and gameplay aesthetics so once we get a little further along, I can't wait to reveal some of the concepts, artwork and gameplay to everyone here. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Moving forward, TGL will be offering free advertising on our sidebar for games, so if you are a game owner, with a game that is live for playing, please get in touch with me (via PM), and I will give you details on size for the ad. Note, this is only for one slot, and rotates with other games along with yours.

This is TGL's way to give back to you hard working game owners!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, LuciBeingLuci said:

I actually own two. I'm not really capable to do a nice virtual pet site, but i'm trying.

@LuciBeingLuci: Actually Luci sometimes the simplest ones are the best ones. Trying is the best way to learn. :)

I am a petsite owner of one site and while I don't have much art skills I can get by with a simple colorized site.

For me my coding is my strong suit.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I am owner of Celestial Equine, which is currently in open beta! CE is expected to fully launch January 1. Celestial Equine is a remake of Marvel Horse, which launched in early 2010. After 3 years I decided to close due to bugs and revamped! I also own Lemorsea, which will go into development around the first of the year (so long as CE stays on track).

I would be happy to do an interview as well!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2017 at 2:32 PM, Digital said:

Just looking for a show of hands on who here is, or has been a game owner in the past. It doesn't matter if the game made it to production.

I ask, as I may ask for an interview :P

I am the owner of Mythodreas.com, was the owner of Mysticalwillowgrove.com and the caretaker of the old Zetapets.com

All three have or are being rolled together and the better bits if all three included.

Still being developed but in open beta.

Edited by Keptsoul2
Spelling

5 hours ago, Hasi said:

:-O What happened to Tygras? why did you "have to" shut it down?

We just couldn't afford it anymore. Ended up switching to a new server to cut costs and it brought in a ton of new bugs and glitches that was beyond my ability to fix and, since I was already so low on funds, we couldn't afford anyone to help us fix them either.

• Sad 1

On 2017-11-02 at 8:45 PM, homie said:

We just couldn't afford it anymore. Ended up switching to a new server to cut costs and it brought in a ton of new bugs and glitches that was beyond my ability to fix and, since I was already so low on funds, we couldn't afford anyone to help us fix them either.

That's too bad! Tygras was such a beautiful game. Have you considered using Kickstarter/gofundme or another means to get it back on it's feet?

4 hours ago, Hasi said:

That's too bad! Tygras was such a beautiful game. Have you considered using Kickstarter/gofundme or another means to get it back on it's feet?

I've considered it, yeah, though I only have a couple very old backups as I lost internet access (also because no money, lmao) around the time we had to let it go so almost everything would have to be redone from scratch.

However, I do like toying with the idea of a "Tygras 2" type thing based off the original site like how we were beginning to work on a few months before the site closed. But right now its really just something I note ideas and sketch things out for every once in awhile. If I ever go forward with that idea then I'd very likely end up using some sort of crowdfunding platform! But before then I'd definitely want to be much more prepared for the costs of it all in case the Kickstarter/GoFundMe didn't work out.

• Like 1

I have been running and developing on GoneMushing myself for the last three years in the absence of its owner, and have been heavily involved in its development for the entire five years it's been around. The game itself is a remake of one that I created on my own in the early 2000's (probably 2003-2005). Overall, I have been involved in the creation of pet games and PBBGs for about the last 15 years.

• 2 months later...

I am still currently developing Auratus Ghoti, a goldfish sim. It's been in development since 2015 and some progress is now being made on programming it. It's kind of morphed since I first started developing it, focusing more on the lore than the pet collecting aspect so there will be some more RPG/battling elements to it now that I originally planned.