Seeking Digital Artist

Fawn

Updated 2024: 

I'm looking to create a new interactive online avatar + pet community, with forums, games, and the alike. The avatar and customization shop will be pixel art focused, and the pet/bug/etc will be digitally paint focused. 

The site itself will be based off of a CodeIgniter close source code from a previous Avatar Community I had owned (not including database records, this would be an entirely new site). The code for the original website (not owned by me) is open source and available on github for reference. The environment already and exists, visitable link can be sent if interested to preview the current progress (non-public & account creation disabled momentarily).

Already includes things like: avatar creation system, friendship, trades, marketplace, forums, 1 game to earn currency, minor event scripts.

I am looking for Source Control and willing to discuss shifting Frameworks. The current framework needs to be updated from an older CodeIgniter version to version 4+. (Not required if looking for minor freelance positions) There will be a dev environment included. 

For this project we already have support from a Front End Developer, Back End Developer, and a Pixel Artist. 

• Currently seeking a Digital Artist comfortable working with PhotoShop Gradients, and your own preferred other art mediums.
  • Willing to work with a secondary Back End Developer comfortable with CodeIgniter and it's respective languages: PHP (90%), JS (5%), CSS (4.5%), misc. (.5%). 

Both positions offer full-time and part-time availability, willing to work with different flexibility and timezones. 

Current projected public launch is by 2025.

This is the most important part: 

This project is currently supported by volunteers who are willing to support the project by independent decision, fully knowing this project is a hobby for these people who want to make a great community.

That being said: If you're looking for commission, freelance payments, or profit sharing (etc.), we are always open to discussion. We will never prematurely turn down a person seeking compensation and I overly encourage you to reach out to me to see if we can reach an agreement. 

Please PM me if you have further questions. 

Edited by Fawn
New updates

I'm currently available as an artist for part-time or full-time commercial work if you're interested! I tend to do a little bit of everything as a multi-purpose artist and have worked with multiple studios/various styles so I'm pretty flexible on what kind of content I can craft. I'll send you details in a PM if you would like to get in touch. Thank you much~ 😊

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Fawn changed the title to Seeking Programmer (Artists pending)

some questions
 - expected pace/dedication to the project (eg. will the staff team be treating this as a side project or is it expected to be a full time commitment)
- projected size of the project (eg. how many features are you expecting or when will the project be launched; this is more for an idea of how long of a commitment this might be)
- pay rate and project budget
- plans for how this will be funded
- prior experience / name of the past site that was worked on

• Like 1

• Fawn changed the title to Seeking Back End Developer & Digital Artist
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/6/2024 at 5:11 AM, Fawn said:

@Vivi The position was opened for more availability! 

Bumping thread as site environment is currently up and running, still seeking to fill these positions!

Hi!

I'm interested from a back end / general developer level - currently I'm a full time software developer.

I don't believe I have used CodeIgniter before but I have worked with Vue.js/Angular and generally PHP and use JS, HTML, CSS, APIs and Node apps generally in my day-to-day life. As well as generally Android development and debugging but I appreciate that most of those are unrelated. 😊

Also happy to consider any framework migrations or upgrading the framework process, as I have general experience with project migration and upgrading from a software perspective.

Feel free to reach out and let me know,

Thanks!

Edited by Tmra
  • Like 1

On 1/10/2024 at 12:53 PM, Tmra said:

Hi!

I'm interested from a back end / general developer level - currently I'm a full time software developer.

I don't believe I have used CodeIgniter before but I have worked with Vue.js/Angular and generally PHP and use JS, HTML, CSS, APIs and Node apps generally in my day-to-day life. As well as generally Android development and debugging but I appreciate that most of those are unrelated. 😊

Also happy to consider any framework migrations or upgrading the framework process, as I have general experience with project migration and upgrading from a software perspective.

Feel free to reach out and let me know,

Thanks!

I've sent a message your way! 🙂

• Like 1

• Fawn changed the title to Seeking Digital Artist