Lythbound: Two-Factor Authentication!

TheGamingList

Lythbound now offers Two-Factor Authentication!

Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) adds a second layer of security to your Lythbound account by linking it to an authentication app (such as Google Authenticator [Android / iOS] or Authy). This app then generates a limited-time six-digit code, which becomes required anytime you log in.

Adding this means that anyone trying to log into your account needs both your password and access to the device which is displaying your code. We do not require 2FA, but recommend it as an extra layer of security.

When you enable 2FA, you can then request an emergency backup code. Keep this code somewhere safe, as it can be used to disable 2FA in case you ever lose your linked device, and it will only be displayed once.

You can activate 2FA on your account via the navigation: Personal -> Account Settings -> Two-Factor Auth (2FA)

View the full article

I absolutely love this! I use MFA everywhere that supports it, it started out as "an annoying thing we do at work".  But then the value of it slowly crept in.  It's available on TGL as well for anyone who wants to use it.

Thank you @Jackalune and Lythbound team for keeping security of accessing accounts top of mind!

• Like 1

Thankfully Laravel makes 2FA/MFA easy enough to implement, and I trust their safety standards to back me up when I tackle parts of the project directly related to security like this!

I've gotten pretty stringent about the security of my accounts as well so this was DEFINITELY on the list of things I personally wanted, as much as anything haha

• Like 1