Jump to content
Nate

VPL has returned!

Recommended Posts

@SilverBrick Let the staff determine what is and isn't allowed. You have already voiced your opinion and we heard in other platforms as well.  You cannot tell other members of the community to do. 

Backseat moderating is currently not a rule either, but it is very frowned upon in all forum communities. We are still a new team and working on our new plans/guidelines to be released soon. It should help make things more clear for these types of situations and others in the future.

---

All this being said, we understand there are a LOT of heated feelings (either opposed or for) the VPL community in general, but let's keep it civil. It got a little touchy earlier then cooled down, let's keep it cooled down like professionals.

  • I Approve 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tinkerbell said:

@SilverBrick Let the staff determine what is and isn't allowed. You have already voiced your opinion and we heard in other platforms as well.  You cannot tell other members of the community to do. 

Backseat moderating is currently not a rule either, but it is very frowned upon in all forum communities. We are still a new team and working on our new plans/guidelines to be released soon. It should help make things more clear for these types of situations and others in the future.

---

All this being said, we understand there are a LOT of heated feelings (either opposed or for) the VPL community in general, but let's keep it civil. It got a little touchy earlier then cooled down, let's keep it cooled down like professionals.

Edited my post and i didn't had intention to do backseat moderating.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am kind of curious about these posts and if anyone else knows. Did the laptop remain stolen for 3 whole years? Also why was there no explanation on what exactly happened. Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook for all purposes were essentially dead for that time period. Why was there no message sent out as to what was going on?

 

Virtual Pet List

April 24, 2017 ·

Hello fellow VPL users,

Martyn here, I want to help you understand what has been happening with the Facebook page in the recent few weeks/months.

To my understanding Cpvrs laptop had been stolen and some of the postings may have been from the person who took the laptop, but it could have also been him himself. Either way, there has been a major clean up of the page and we hope to post content more aligned with the Virtual Pet Site community soon.

Stick around and hopefully we'll be back up soon!

Thank you for sticking with us!

- Martyn

 

 

Virtual Pet List

April 14, 2017 ·

I'm well aware of the server still being down. My laptop and social & debit were all stolen from me.

We will be back soon

 

 

Virtual Pet List

March 22, 2017 ·

Vpl will be back up next month. In the past, I was focusing on too many things at one time. Now, Ima focus on one thing at a time. I promise, vpl will return on 4/03. Yes, all of our data is safe. Please bare with us! Thank you everyone for your support. We love ya'll!❤ -cpvr

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't trust it to not just disappear again when things or his personal life gets tough again. I don't plan on going back. At a minimum he could have posted on other social media platforms why they were having issues and where they needed help. I sent multiple messages with offers to pay for hosting (or buy the whole site) and I never got a response from him so the whole "we can't pay for the host thing so they took down our entire site" seems pretty BS of an answer to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see myself going back to VPL.  It's hard to trust that it won't go down again.  I'm also not a fan of what Silver-Brick went through (I'm a Mysidia Adoptables forum member and saw what was posted there), taking advantage of a kid like that.  I'm grateful to the leader and mods here for keeping the community together and will stick by this one. 

  • I Approve 1
  • I Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2021 at 10:45 AM, Kesstryl said:

I don't see myself going back to VPL.  It's hard to trust that it won't go down again.  I'm also not a fan of what Silver-Brick went through (I'm a Mysidia Adoptables forum member and saw what was posted there), taking advantage of a kid like that.  I'm grateful to the leader and mods here for keeping the community together and will stick by this one. 

Super unfortunate and annoying what he did with Silverbrick.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta say, I used to lurk VPL a lot years ago and enjoyed discovering new vp sites and just groaning at vp dramas. When I found it was back last year, I was kinda shocked. And now, it seems to be gone again for about a month now. I have no clue as to why, but it was giving "account suspended" redirects, indicating some kinda issue between the webhost and the site. Now it's just it can't be reached. Kinda sad to see. I'm glad I found this site, as my husband and I are starting to create a vp mmo and I enjoy burrying myself in vp content to get inspired or motivated to do the art. I hope to see it again, as it was a big part of my early life even if all I did was lurk.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sunfang said:

Gotta say, I used to lurk VPL a lot years ago and enjoyed discovering new vp sites and just groaning at vp dramas. When I found it was back last year, I was kinda shocked. And now, it seems to be gone again for about a month now. I have no clue as to why, but it was giving "account suspended" redirects, indicating some kinda issue between the webhost and the site. Now it's just it can't be reached. Kinda sad to see. I'm glad I found this site, as my husband and I are starting to create a vp mmo and I enjoy burrying myself in vp content to get inspired or motivated to do the art. I hope to see it again, as it was a big part of my early life even if all I did was lurk.

Yeah it's very unfortunate that it went down again.  I think part of the struggle was the community has changed a fair bit over the years and Carlos didn't have enough time for the filler threads.

We are here, and have no plans to give up anytime soon so @Sunfang I'm really glad you were able to find us!  Hopefully we can become your new home for lurking and hopefully posting :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.