Having trouble setting up Kitto Kitto Kitto (fixed)

PixelRobot

I decided to use the Kitto script to try to make a pet sim on AlterVista. I followed the documentation and the errors on my site never went away after I finished installing the script. I think it may have been because I didn't chmod the directories, but I didn't know how to do it in AlterVista. Here is my site. Kitto doesn't have an active forum/contact section so I'm stumped.

Edit:

Finally was able to get it fixed! So, the issue was that I didn't have the right paths for the Smarty template directory and HTMLPurifier cache. To get the path, I had to check system_check.php, which lists the base path when looking at your file directory (in AlterVista it's under "File Management").
So let's say the path was: 'base_path' => '/membri/YOURSITE',

So the smarty template directory is therefore : 'template_path' => '/membri/YOURSITE/template',

And the HTMLPurifier cache path was: 'htmlpurifier_cachedir' => '/membri/YOURSITE/cache',

Edited by PixelRobot
Fixed the issues :D Thanks again, judda!

@PixelRobot What version of PHP are you running it on? The deprecated stuff is typically caused by using a newer version,  My first thought is you are running on PHP 7.X when it's likely supposed to run on PHP 5.6.

For the following error:

Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect.

It looks like the root/base path is wrong (pointing to /var/www/)

31 minutes ago, judda said:

@PixelRobot What version of PHP are you running it on? The deprecated stuff is typically caused by using a newer version,  My first thought is you are running on PHP 7.X when it's likely supposed to run on PHP 5.6.

For the following error:

Warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect.

It looks like the root/base path is wrong (pointing to /var/www/)

@judda

I'm running it on 5.6.40. How do I change the base path (and know what the right one is?)

The config.inc file says to "Consult your system_check.php file for this path." And the says the base directory is 

/membri/reim

The system check file says everything looks good.

Edited by PixelRobot

1 hour ago, judda said:

@PixelRobot Try to change the base path to:

./membri/reim

The fact that it starts with a "/" means that it will read from the server's root which is not correct.

Is there an .htaccess for or anything? If yes, try the following:

https://blog.domainracer.com/hide-turn-off-php-warning-errors-htaccess-cpanel.jsp

@judda

I tried it but it still shows the errors.