Newbie alert - Help with Mysidia Script?

pastosaurio

Hello! How are you doing? I signed to ask this, cause the official Mysidia forums seam to be dead. If my experiment with the script ends up working, I'll try to stick around!

I'm sorry, this is going to sound very dumb, but I'm having lots of problems with Mysidia.

I uploaded everything to my hosting site and installed the script trhough the built in installer, but no matter what I do I keep getting HTTP Error 500. I haven't changed anything in the code. I don't know much about programming, I'm pretty sure I'll make lots of mistakes, but I'm trying to learn, so sorry if this sounds dumb.

@judda I can't find my error logs in the control panel (infinityfree hosting), and my PHP version is 7.0 and Mysidia v1.3.4

I had read that sometimes the PHP version can cause errors with this script but I couldn't find which version I should be using.

After a while, I tried setting up the MyBB forums thing and it worked, but the Mysidia script isn't working.

Sorry I didn't give you enough details, I'll attach a screenshot of my error message:

It's in spanish but it says "This page doesn't work: antoracrittery.epizy.com cannot process this query in this moment. HTTP ERROR 500"

This only happens when I try to access the Mysidia section of the website. When I go on the forum section everything works perfectly.

image.png.012a3b7877111b6eba9c53eb5e422423.png

Edited by pastosaurio

1 hour ago, judda said:

@pastosaurio I would start by trying the following, in index.php add:

ini_set('display_errors', 1);
ini_set('display_startup_errors', 1);
error_reporting(E_ALL);

Then start seeing what it says, if anything.

Putting those lines displays this message:

Spoiler

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/vol8_8/epizy.com/epiz_26559584/htdocs/home/vol8_8/epizy.com/epiz_26559584/htdocs/adopt//inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear/') in /home/vol8_8/epizy.com/epiz_26559584/htdocs/adopt/classes/class_mysidia.php on line 326

And the line of code it's refering to says this:

Spoiler

require $this->path->getRoot().$templateClass;

My guess is that it's not getting to the correct directory? But I don't know if I should change that line to something different, I don't wanna mess it up.
Edited by pastosaurio

Please post your config.php file and remove any database credentials or other sensitive information. I suspect your SCRIPTPATH config variable is set incorrectly.

These two lines don't match:

/home/vol8_8/epizy.com/epiz_26559584/htdocs/home/vol8_8/epizy.com/epiz_26559584/htdocs/adopt//inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php'

/home/vol8_8/epizy.com/epiz_26559584/htdocs/adopt/classes/class_mysidia.php

They need to match in order to work.

Edited by Mephistopheles
Added information about the error message

Hello! Here's an update:

-I changed my hosting server and it worked, but it had trouble with the PHP version. Now it seems like the server is having trouble so I'm testing stuff in a WAMP local server

-When testing in localhost I get the following error: "Fatal error: Class 'AppController' not found in C:\wamp64\www\login.php on line 5"

It happens on multiple pages and there might be more errors that I haven't found yet.

class_appcontroller.php

Here it is. I did not modify it. The local server has the same files as the online one. I had modified some files on the online server but then I realized that I didn't need to so I'm gonna do a clean install with the same files as my local server whenever the control panel starts working again. So taking it as the local server having the correct files, this class_appcontroller.php file should be the one that's causing trouble.

• 1 month later...

I’m not sure if this is of much help, but you could try turning strict mode off in your php ini file and see what happens.

When I updated to php 7, strict mode caused my site to stop working and I had to turn it off temporarily while updating our code according to the new version documentation.

That might not be it though.

if your error is caused by a specific class, I would make sure that the class is working correctly.