The Coronavirus Outbreak (COVID-19)

Martyn

I'm glad your mum has managed to see someone and that it isn't COVID. I hope she recovers soon from the bronchitis though, as that can be a bit nasty.

Thank you, definitely going to be a year to remember that's for sure.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, judda said:

How is everyone doing? Still staying safe and sane?

Things are going alright in that department here at least. It seems to have slowed down in our town and places are starting to open back up bit by bit, but just still required to wear a mask and most sit down restaurants are still closed, which is fine.

How about you?

4 hours ago, Aminirus said:

Things are going alright in that department here at least. It seems to have slowed down in our town and places are starting to open back up bit by bit, but just still required to wear a mask and most sit down restaurants are still closed, which is fine.

How about you?

About the same here - a few weeks ago my city was deemed a "hot bed" but I haven't heard much of that lately (thankfully).  Apparently Ontario is talking about opening up offices starting July 1st.  I hope we don't go back that early.  I see everyone daily on zoom calls, so don't feel the need.  That being said - I'm off for a week and a bit at that point ? so I'm less worried.

I found out this past week that my cousin had lost their job for covid which sucks :( hopefully this sparks a re-entrance into work for him too.

On 6/14/2020 at 12:49 PM, judda said:

About the same here - a few weeks ago my city was deemed a "hot bed" but I haven't heard much of that lately (thankfully).  Apparently Ontario is talking about opening up offices starting July 1st.  I hope we don't go back that early.  I see everyone daily on zoom calls, so don't feel the need.  That being said - I'm off for a week and a bit at that point ? so I'm less worried.

I found out this past week that my cousin had lost their job for covid which sucks :( hopefully this sparks a re-entrance into work for him too.

I hope they can get their job back. I know that's the most scariest part for many, even for us here too. If jobs don't start picking back up at least, there's far too much talk of layoffs and just being let go. Then of course, if people don't have money to pay their bills, that's gonna increase the homeless rate and such. It also doesn't help that companies, due to the loss of having to cut back their employees, also raise the price of their products in order to make up for their losses, but then that doesn't help because no one can afford it.

I hoping things get better soon, but even if places are opening up again, I hope people still take it serious and take precautions when going out and going to work. 

• 1 year later...