Pepper-Head

Missing In Action: PaulSonny

Sprout
LV 3

Has anyone heard from @PaulSonny ? I have had sparse communication and updates from him in a while, and have not heard from him in almost 2 months.

If anyone could send him my way, I'd appreciate it!

Edited by Pepper-Head

Aysha
LV 8

Hey Pepper!

I've been working offline and didn't realise my Discord doesn't automatically open like my Skype does - i'll come find you now.

Thanks, Paul.

Sprout
LV 3

Update: I have again lost contact with @PaulSonny

Additionally I messaged him here on TGL yesterday, but Discord was supposed to be the best way to reach him. If anyone is in touch with him could you please send him my way, this code is crucial to my game's development and I have been waiting on it since the start of the year.

Thank you!

ywaJuS.jpg

• Sad 1

@Pepper-Head
I will try my best to get in contact with him, since I swear I have contact with him on somewhere other than here and Discord. I'll message you off-site if I do manage to get a response.

• Like 1

I last talked to him on the 10th and he was having some health and personal issues. I haven't heard from him since then. I hope he's okay! 

I also was working with him and he went dark on me too. I PM'ed you with some other possible ways to contact him.

I have had the same thing happen to me on several occasions sadly.  I even paid him upfront because he was doing a lot of work for me trusting that I would see the code ... I have yet to see it (this was about a year ago now).  I have limited to no faith that I will ever see that code which I paid for.

Unknown
LV 4

I haven't heard from him for a while and have had several bouts of him disappearing and then briefly reappearing for almost six months now. From what I gather he has been having health issues...I do hope he is alright.

@judda
That's extremely sad that you didn't get the coding that you'd paid for, even a year on from it.
I expected a lot better from Paul, hopefully when he comes back he'll address this as nobody deserves to be out of pocket for services they paid for.

Sprout
LV 3

Has anyone since heard from Paul? It shows he was online about 3 hrs ago and wasn't sure if he was beginning to make his rounds to communicate clients.

EDITED

Paul has contacted me and we are working things out!

Edited by Lucille

Aysha
LV 8

Hello;

Apologies for not replying yesterday; I seen the messages but it was a fleeting visit and needed time to process; i'm actively communicating with everyone I need to today and doing my absolute best to catch up with everyone. If you don't hear from me, please reach out in case I've missed you out by accident.

As already discussed, my personal and health issues have recently taken the better of me (again!) even making getting out of bed/to a computer difficult. These past 6 months have been a constant struggle which some of my clients know of but I'm feeling 100% better and hoping to get the all clear from the hospital on Monday morning.

I'm sorry for everyone affected but I will do my best to remedy your inconveniences.

Regards, Paul.

• Like 2

Sprout
LV 3

Just wanted to bump this and see if anyone has gotten any response or work from @PaulSonny in the last two months? When he last reached out, he mentioned moving and trying to remedy all the owed work, but I haven't gotten any response since then.

@Lucille @KingofCrows @hurricaneviolet @Design1online @Martyn

Unknown
LV 4

The last time I heard from him was in June (and I've reached out since then with no luck).

I last heard from him in June as well. 

Sprout
LV 3

Thank you both for letting me know! Sorry to hear that you haven't had any luck either :( 

June 15th was the only day I heard from him.  I messaged him a little while later (June 23rd) and low and behold, he had vanished again.

~judda

Sprout
LV 3

@judda The 15th is also the last day I had contact with him. His profile on here shows that his last visit was June 30th though.... But I'm sorry to hear that you've been without communication as well. Today marks two months later with no update... 

I hope he's alright but some kind of quick communication (at the very least) is really necessary at this point. I hope he does return to refund people.

Edited by Pepper-Head

I too have not heard from them in months. I hope it works out.

Also June. I heard from him after this and he apologized and asked me to send the list of bugs again, so I did and then never heard from him again. I've already paid someone else to fix his bugs, so I haven't pursued it any further.

Still nothing from him. I've filed disputes with Paypal for $1200 worth of programming that has not been finished. When I started to look over the code and had another programmer look over it, I discovered there were several things not finished and that none of the changes to our avatar system are currently compatible with our existing admin panel. So far I've paid $100 to another programmer to have them just BEGIN to get the code finished.

I'm so frustrated. Because I will admit, I owed him $300 and he said the work was done, but he wasn't going to release any of the changes until he was fully paid. So I put together a fundraiser and got him the remaining balance. Then, instead of finishing the work, he disappeared. I'm so frustrated and so done with this. My hope is that I'll be able to escalate the dispute to a claim, Paypal will refund me, and I'll be able to pay to have the work finished and made live.

If I hear from him though, through this process, I will let everyone know.

Unknown
LV 4

Still haven't heard since June and I'm stuck between concern for him and frustration that I've yet to see any sign of getting the refund for the work he wasn't able to do.

• Sad 1

Sprout
LV 3

I've found out that some of the projects he marked completed for me were also unfinished, buggy, or not fully set up to work as the guidelines listed. However, just based on my own situation and what I've heard from others, he wasn't always truthful about his progress. I wouldn't hold your breath on paying for the completed code if he returns @Lucille. It's likely that he was only partially started, if at all.

Maybe when he didn't have as much on his plate he could catch up, but I think he just took on too more than he could handle and his health kept holding him back.

Regardless, it looks like there are way too many projects large and small (more than who have posted here) to excuse this poor business practice. I wish him well and hate to sound so harsh, but there's no reason to have kept us in the dark for so long before just disappearing altogether with so much owed work left behind.

I'm going to attempt to open a Paypal dispute as well.

Edited by Pepper-Head
  • Like 2

@Pepper-HeadI've already paid him in full, so there is no balance left now. When there was $300 balance left he refused to release the code until I paid him what was owed. Then, come to find out it wasn't even finished so he held it hostage, I pressed for an emergency fundraiser, got everyone hyped up, and he disappeared and left me with, pardon my language here, but half-assed work is the only way to put it. Like you, I do want to be understanding and not harsh, but agree none of this is okay. I'm so sorry so many people were left holding the bag. :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sprout
LV 3

@Lucille Ah, I'm sorry for my misunderstanding! I wish you the best of luck with your Paypal dispute and can get those funds to better use for your game soon!

• Like 1

Sprout
LV 3

Well I'm beyond the point of protection from Paypal to open up a dispute it seems. Thankfully I wasn't paid up too far ahead without work, but the time lost on my project is more devastating than the money at this point.

I hope others have better luck!