Duelingpets Economy Draft

So here is an idea have for my duelingpets economy, bare in mind I don't know if this will work. Any advice guys?

Colorscheme = 16 points(Only source available at start)

Blogs = 60 - 100 points(Only available after being purchased for 80 points)

Pouch limit = 4000 points

Each pouch upgrade is 500 points * upgrade level

pouch upgrade adds 2000 point limit

Pouch 0/4000

Emerald limit = 0

Emeralds 0/0

Emerald upgrade = 12000 points

Emerald limit increase = 8 emeralds per level

Donationbox 0/0 (Upgrade can be bought for 5 Emeralds)

Points to Emeralds cost = 8000 * 4.6(Will fluctuate)

This question isn't really easily answerable. 

I would say the main thing is for points you want to be able to achieve enough to buy things in game. And have it be balanced between fun and not too easy or hard. 

My advice would be to play the game with your proposed data, and see how it plays. Does it feel fun? Does it feel hard? Frustrating etc...? And then go from there changing things as needed. 

Once you are further along, then you can get other people to play test as well. 

4 minutes ago, Anoua said:

This question isn't really easily answerable. 

I would say the main thing is for points you want to be able to achieve enough to buy things in game. And have it be balanced between fun and not too easy or hard. 

My advice would be to play the game with your proposed data, and see how it plays. Does it feel fun? Does it feel hard? Frustrating etc...? And then go from there changing things as needed. 

Once you are further along, then you can get other people to play test as well. 

@Anoua: I certainly can do that, but I think I will need others to test it as well. My sense of economy might not be the greatest and I don't know what users holding on this would be. I don't really have good grasp of user's stamina on this sort of thing.

@Boltgreywing Getting play testers the next step once you think you have something solid. And of course have something to test. Honestly it is all just so subjective, as there are many styles of play and games as well as different people. So that is why I recommended playing it to see if it feels fun. Getting play testers is great too though. 

Then ask good questions to them. Is the game fun? What do you enjoy about the game? What frustrates you about the game? Etc... Then you will have to analyze yourself to decide where to go. That is the part that makes you the game designer, and not just the programmer. It's not easy. But if you are struggling with that step, I'd recommend playing games and analyze why you like them, What do you like about them, don't like about them etc..

I do that all the time still. It's part of what being a game designer is about. 

Edited by Anoua