fishing game?

LIZ

so was wondering. a fishing game? would it be worth it to make? i have like 20 sketches of fish, like packaged fish,fish with a mustache, jellyfish, flatfish and 10 items you can find like ring,tire,sock,fsh head...extra. would anyone be interested in a fishing game? and if so how big should i do them like 200x200 or 100x100?

Edited by LIZ

How would it work, mechanics-wise? 

I played Magikarp Jump (a barebones Clicker Fishing Virtual Pet Game) for about three months until I finally beat it. The main reason I kept at it was because it reminded me a lot of Monster Rancher; a beloved series that seems all-but-dead. You catch a fish and must raise/train it until it reaches its maximum potential. Like Monster Rancher, there is a chance your Magikarp can die depending on your actions. Mature Karp that can no longer train are retired so you have to finish a new Karp. 

When thinking of size for graphics I aim for x2 what I want the final size of the object to be. So if I choose 200x200 for the pet images I'd draw at 400x400. 

sorry for late response was at work. here are some of the fish. there is 25 fish. have not colored them yet. still have to make the stuff you can find yet and still have to draw up some bait and fishing rods

Edited by LIZ

• 6 months later...