Moonlighter - Action RPG/Shopkeeping Game

So this is a game I have been keeping a VERY close eye on! I saw it in the GameInformer and instantly got SO excited beyond words.

http://moonlighterthegame.com/

During an archeological excavation – a set of Gates were discovered. People quickly realized that these ancient passages lead to different realms and dimensions. Rynoka, a small commercial village, was found near the excavation site – providing brave and reckless adventurers with treasures beyond measure.

Moonlighter is an Action RPG with rogue-lite elements that demonstrates two sides of the coin – revealing everyday routines of Will, an adventurous shopkeeper that secretly dreams of becoming a hero.

Unfortunately, I missed the Kickstarter when they ran it, but it was extremely successful! 5,229 backers pledged $134,276 to help bring this project to life. That's insane!

They just released this game on May 25th I believe (somewhere in May.. can't remember the exact date). However, the Nintendo Switch was held back for release which is what I'm patiently awaiting for! They are now estimating it somewhere in Q3 of this year!

- Switch is coming on Q3, as soon as we can (not everything depends on us unfortunately)

So July - September I am going to be stalking the Nintendo Store like no other. I believe there is a physical copy that you can buy as well so I'll be checking my local retailers. Last I checked though, GameStop didn't have a physical copy so I'm hoping Target or some other store will!

Has anybody else heard of this game or played it yet? :) I was a HUGE fan of Neopets Treasure Keepers (a facebook game) and was extremely upset when they shut it down. That's why this game caught my attention!

I had not heard of it until now. Looks like a pretty fun game though! Would love to check it out, though I mostly only get games when they are really cheap on steam right now anyway. Will have to add it to my list though and keep an eye on it.

I believe this game is only like $20 or somewhere around there :) I'm use to games being like $60 on the PS4 and other consoles so I get stoked when a cute game like this comes out for that price!

As soon as it releases on the Switch, I'll let everybody know how the game is for sure.

@Passage oh that is awesome! What games do you currently have on your Switch? Maybe there are some that I have as well that has online multiplayer :) My favorite game I'm thoroughly enjoying right now is Xenoblade Chronicles 2! My brother in law just bought it for me to thank me for the 2 weeks I stayed at the hospital with my sister (even though he so didn't have to)!

Oh I heard of the Pokemon games in the GameInformer too! They are the ones that will connect to the Pokemon Go! app right? I'm curious to see how those take off!

And I'm stalking their Kickstarter so as soon as they release a definite date, I will definitely post it here!