Missing In Action: PaulSonny

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I have again lost contact with @PaulSonny

Additionally I messaged him here on TGL yesterday, but Discord was supposed to be the best way to reach him. If anyone is in touch with him could you please send him my way, this code is crucial to my game's development and I have been waiting on it since the start of the year.

Thank you!

ywaJuS.jpg

• Sad 1

I have had the same thing happen to me on several occasions sadly.  I even paid him upfront because he was doing a lot of work for me trusting that I would see the code ... I have yet to see it (this was about a year ago now).  I have limited to no faith that I will ever see that code which I paid for.

@judda
That's extremely sad that you didn't get the coding that you'd paid for, even a year on from it.
I expected a lot better from Paul, hopefully when he comes back he'll address this as nobody deserves to be out of pocket for services they paid for.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello;

Apologies for not replying yesterday; I seen the messages but it was a fleeting visit and needed time to process; i'm actively communicating with everyone I need to today and doing my absolute best to catch up with everyone. If you don't hear from me, please reach out in case I've missed you out by accident.

As already discussed, my personal and health issues have recently taken the better of me (again!) even making getting out of bed/to a computer difficult. These past 6 months have been a constant struggle which some of my clients know of but I'm feeling 100% better and hoping to get the all clear from the hospital on Monday morning.

I'm sorry for everyone affected but I will do my best to remedy your inconveniences.

Regards, Paul.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

@judda The 15th is also the last day I had contact with him. His profile on here shows that his last visit was June 30th though.... But I'm sorry to hear that you've been without communication as well. Today marks two months later with no update... 

I hope he's alright but some kind of quick communication (at the very least) is really necessary at this point. I hope he does return to refund people.

Edited by Pepper-Head

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Still nothing from him. I've filed disputes with Paypal for $1200 worth of programming that has not been finished. When I started to look over the code and had another programmer look over it, I discovered there were several things not finished and that none of the changes to our avatar system are currently compatible with our existing admin panel. So far I've paid $100 to another programmer to have them just BEGIN to get the code finished.

I'm so frustrated. Because I will admit, I owed him $300 and he said the work was done, but he wasn't going to release any of the changes until he was fully paid. So I put together a fundraiser and got him the remaining balance. Then, instead of finishing the work, he disappeared. I'm so frustrated and so done with this. My hope is that I'll be able to escalate the dispute to a claim, Paypal will refund me, and I'll be able to pay to have the work finished and made live.

If I hear from him though, through this process, I will let everyone know.

I've found out that some of the projects he marked completed for me were also unfinished, buggy, or not fully set up to work as the guidelines listed. However, just based on my own situation and what I've heard from others, he wasn't always truthful about his progress. I wouldn't hold your breath on paying for the completed code if he returns @Lucille. It's likely that he was only partially started, if at all.

Maybe when he didn't have as much on his plate he could catch up, but I think he just took on too more than he could handle and his health kept holding him back.

Regardless, it looks like there are way too many projects large and small (more than who have posted here) to excuse this poor business practice. I wish him well and hate to sound so harsh, but there's no reason to have kept us in the dark for so long before just disappearing altogether with so much owed work left behind.

I'm going to attempt to open a Paypal dispute as well.

Edited by Pepper-Head
  • Like 2